Register a limited liability company
1.How can our client register a limited liability company (he wants to be the sole founder)?
2.Is it necessary to have a residence permit in Sweden before registering a limited liability company? If so, could you please advise on the required documents? Can one reside in Lithuania and register a limited liability company?
3.What is the registration fee for a limited liability company?
4.What is the registration timeframe for a limited liability company?
5.Does the manager of the limited liability company need to be a citizen of Sweden or have a residence permit?
6. Could you write your tariffs/prices for company registration (
other related services)?
Hi, and thank you for your questions!
Below is a summary on how to register a limited liability company in Sweden. We are happy to help you register the company for a fixed price of SEK 10,000. As always, we start off with a free call - book your meeting here.
- To register a limited liability company in Sweden as a sole founder, your client will need to prepare a set of documents including the Articles of Association, a bank statement confirming the share capital, and an application form for registration. They will need to open a bank account and pay the share capital, which is a minimum of SEK 25,000 for private limited companies. The company must be registered with the Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket) and, if applicable, with the Swedish Tax Agency for F-tax, VAT, and as an employer.
- There is no explicit requirement for a residence permit in Sweden to register a limited liability company. However, non-residents will need to provide passport copies, a utility bill for residency confirmation, and possibly additional documents if the shareholder is a non-resident company. It is possible to reside in Lithuania and register a company in Sweden; the process can be done by a legal representative with a Power of Attorney, thus not requiring the client's physical presence in Sweden.
- The registration fee for a limited liability company in Sweden ranges from 1,900 to 2,200 SEK, depending on the application method.
- The timeframe for the registration of a limited liability company can vary, but once all the required documents are properly submitted, the process is typically efficient. It's best to contact Bolagsverket directly for the most current timeframe. The manager (managing director) of a limited liability company in Sweden does not need to be a Swedish citizen or have a residence permit. However, the managing director and deputy managing director must reside within the European Economic Area (EEA). Also, st least half of the company’s board members must also reside within the EEA, and this applies to deputy board members as well. Furthermore, if all members of the board of directors reside outside of Sweden, the company must have a Swedish resident representative who can accept legal notifications on behalf of the company.
- As for our prices for company registration and related services, read more about our fixed price package here. We are happy to help you register the company for a fixed price of SEK 10,000. As always, we start off with a free call - book your meeting here.
For further details and specific guidance, visit the Swedish Companies Registration Office websire or reach out to us - book your meeting here.
Prata med en av våra affärsjurister i 30 minuter (gratis).
Slipp krångel och köp ett färdigt aktiebolag direkt.